THUNDER BAY – The City of Thunder Bay is proud to announce the 39th Annual Kite Festival, presented by Ontario Power Generation.
This annual celebration of flight is back at Chippewa Park this Sunday, June 9, from 12 p.m. – 4 p.m. Families are invited to fly their own kites, watch the Pro Fliers take over the sky with Giant Kites, and learn about different forms of flight.
Event admission is free, and rides, food concessions, and bouncy castles will be on site with applicable fees.
Highlights of the 2019 Kite Festival include:
· Giant Kites from pro kite fliers
· Free Fly Zone where you can fly kites and win prizes
· Make your own Japanese Koi Flags with the Community Arts and Heritage Education Project
· Build your own kites, paper airplanes, pinwheels, and rainbow ribbon wands
· Ultimate Parties’ human hamster balls and rocket activity
· Face painting, balloon sculptures, juggling, and magic with the Thunder Bay Clown Club
· Inflatables with Fun-Tastic Castles
· Jef Tanguay the balloonist
· Lakehead Shrine Club’s shrine train
· Bubble station
· Giant outdoor games
· Music provided by Maverick Entertainment Group
· Food vendors
· Community group booths
· Carnival rides
· Plus much more!
Free shuttles are being offered from Intercity Shopping Centre to Chippewa Park for the Festival.
· Shuttle departures from Intercity Shopping Centre will take place at 11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m., and 3:30 p.m.
· Shuttle departures from Chippewa Park will take place at 12 p.m., 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m., and 4 p.m.
For more information, visit www.thunderbay.ca/kitefestival. “Like” the City of Thunder Bay Culture and Events Facebook page to stay up to date with events news: facebook.com/CultureandEventsThunderBay.