All this week on TechSPARK we’ll be highlighting a few of the events from this year’s all-digital Bristol Tech Festival – just in time for you to sign up for the next day. If you’d like to see all the event hosted each day head to the Bristol Tech Festival website.
Tuesday morning at Bristol Tech Festival
The ‘Amazonification’ of financial services is truly a game changer for businesses and individuals alike. With Open Finance, businesses (in any industry) now have the opportunity to develop innovative propositions that use the sectors’ resources, without the capital and regulatory burden of becoming a direct participant in the regulated financial services markets – just as Amazon Web Services has enabled the explosion of SaaS businesses over the last decade.
Previously siloed aspects of financial services data, such as mortgages, consumer credit, bank accounts, investments, loans, savings, pensions and more can now be seamlessly connected thanks to the power of Open Finance and innovative TPP’s (Third party providers).
As Angela Strange, general partner at Andreessen Horowitz, predicts “nearly every company will derive a significant portion of its revenue from financial services” and in the not-too-distant future too.
Also on Tuesday:
Tuesday afternoon at Bristol Tech Festival
During this session we discuss the Top 6 People Challenges faced by the Tech Community and how they are overcoming them.
We will be joined by Katie Donovan-Adekanmbi (Inclusion & Cohesion Specialist at BCohco), Amy King (CEO at People Matter), Matt Jones (Ops Director at Unai) and Gareth Edwards (Partner at VWV Solicitors).
The top 6 we will be discussing are-
- Protecting mental health in challenging times; a data led approach to looking after your team’s mental health
- Simultaneously managing overheads, whilst safeguarding culture; restructuring and redundancy – know your options
- Maintaining outputs and cohesion whilst remote; ensuring focus and productivity in distributed teams
- The widening skills gap; what SME’s can do to overcome it
- The urge/need to promote our best people; how to support their transition from doer to management
- Maintaining your commitment to diversity and inclusion in unprecedented times; how DICE can be the difference between success and failure How to keep diversity and inclusion front of mind in unprecedented times.
Also on Tuesday afternoon:
Tuesday late-afternoon at Bristol Tech Festival
LegalTech is a fast growing market encompassing a wide range of technologies that accelerate, automate, streamline all types of legal process; adding value, reducing costs and opening up access.
The West of England is one of the global city regions blazing a trail in LegalTech and an in-depth research report has been commissioned to analyse where we are today.
Whether you’re already inside the LegalTech community or know nothing about it but want to know how you could get involved in this dynamic sector, come along to hear more about progress and for a world exclusive pre-publication insight into some of the headlines from that research.