CANTON Visitors to downtown Canton Friday saw the city in a whole new light.
Friday was the kickoff of Illumination: Canton Light Festival, which will continue from 6-9 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays through Feb. 27.
Illumination is a free, family friendly and mostly outdoors event that offers visitors self-guided attractions at eight locations, including:
- Cultural Center for the Arts, which includes a projection-mapping experience with music on the outdoor plaza, a light and sound environment inside the center in Cable Recital Hall and seven artist-created light sculptures and interactive family activities in the center’s Great Court;
- Centennial Plaza, which has a light and sound show every 15 minutes;
- Hall of Fame City Ice Rink, which has light displays created by Vincent Lighting Systems;
- BUZZBIN, Julz, Visit Canton Downtown Welcome Center and Vital Arts, which have light-themed window displays created by local artists;
- Arrowhead Vintage And Handmade Goods, which has an outdoor 3D display.
More information at facebook.com/CantonLightFestival/.