Everyone who was involved in a Guernsey dance festival before the island’s recent COVID-19 outbreak has been asked to self-isolate.
Total case figures within the bailiwick have risen to 186, prompting a strict lockdown.
Those who attended the Festival of Dance, held at Beau Sejour between 19 and 22 January, were identified as potentially being exposed to one or more positive cases.
They have been ordered to quarantine with members of their household for the days remaining of two weeks since attending.
The States of Guernsey explained this means anyone who attended the event at the leisure centre on 19 January can stop self-isolating on Tuesday, while those who went on the final day can finish on Friday.
Due to the large numbers of dancers and family members at the festival, the public health team has said all attendees must isolate immediately and should not wait to be contacted about any interactions they might have had.
Director of public health Dr Nicola Brink said: “We know this will affect a lot of people as there were large numbers who attended the festival, or live with someone who did.
“We have taken this decision because of a specific case identified last night, and it is very much worthwhile as some of those who attended may just now be becoming particularly infectious and potential spreaders of the virus.”
The recent outbreak comes after the island had been free of coronavirus restrictions since early June.
Under the latest measures, islanders have been told to stay home from midday Saturday except for essential shopping, medical care or up to two hours exercise outdoors.
Non-essential shops and restaurants are closed, including for deliveries and takeaways.
Schools are also shut, except for children of key workers or from vulnerable families.