The inaugural Gudrun — Northwoods Mountain Bike Festival weekend begins with registration today at noon in the Hot Springs Convention Center.
Bill Solleder, director of marketing for Visit Hot Springs, said one of the most exciting things about the weekend is going to be Sara Sheets, professional mountain biker, participating in the Mini-Enduro race.
“Just to have a professional rider with the other 49 entrants says a lot about the Gudrun in its first year and the Northwoods Trails,” he said.
Solleder said there are a few different “spectator-friendly” opportunities during the weekend.
The Slow Roll Downtown, which will begin at 11 a.m. Saturday, is not a race, he said, but a fun ride for anyone whether they ride a mountain bike, cruiser or unicycle. He said the best place to view this event if not participating is from the Arlington lobby or Bathhouse Row.
The “Jump Jam,” which will begin at 3 p.m. Saturday, will include International Mountain Bike Association members as special guest participants, Solleder said, and is ideal for spectators since it is in a confined space.
He noted that as for the races, spectators would be better off posting at the start or finish line.
“We just want people to show up,” Solleder said. “The weather looks like it’s going to be perfect chilly autumn weather, so come out for a good time.”
• Noon — Gudrun registration and expo opens at the Hot Springs Convention Center (closes at 7 p.m.).
• 2 p.m. — Mini-Enduro Pre-Ride at Waterworks Trailhead.
• 7 p.m. — Gudrun Beer Release and Northwoods Birthday Bash at Superior Bathhouse Brewery.
• 9 a.m. — Slow Roll registration at Bank OZK Arena back parking lot (closes at 10:30 a.m.).
• 11 a.m. — Slow Roll Downtown from the Bank OZK parking lot through the Arlington Hotel Resort Hotel & Spa, around Whittington Avenue and back to the starting line at the arena.
• 11 a.m. — Vendors open at Cedar Glades Park.
• 12:30 p.m. — Northwoods Trails Birthday Cake at Cedar Glades.
• 1 p.m. — Cedar Glades Climbing Wall (closes at 3 p.m.).
• 1 p.m. — Attila the Hun Course pre-ride.
• 1 p.m. — Gudrun Mini-Enduro.
• 3 p.m. — Gudrun Jump Jam.
• 5 p.m. — Afterparty Bonfire at Cedar Glades with limbo, bunny hops and more.
• 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. — Attila the Hun XC Mountain Bike Race at Cedar Glades Park.
• 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. — Gudrun Afterparty at Red Light Roastery Coffee House.
All times are subject to change.
Register for all Gudrun events at http://Gudrunmtbfest.com/.
Local on 11/15/2019
Print Headline: Inaugural Gudrun mountain bike festival gets underway today