Keep a space in your diary in the autumn of 2021, as the Rīga International Film Festival will once again invite audiences to enjoy an extensive program dedicated to both cinema lovers and industry professionals from 14 to 24 October, organizers have announced.
An overview of the 2020 festival has also been published alongside video recordings of the festival’s events.
In the 2020 video archive you can, amongst others, view the following:
• A masterclass by Director Gints Zilbalodis, director of the internationally acclaimed feature film “Away”;
• Inspirational lectures by international augmented reality professionals, which were a part of RIGA IFF GOES XR;
• ARCHITECT’S CUT Guest Curator Viesturs Celmiņš’ discussion with Architects Sintija Vaivadis and Evelīna Ozola;
• A discussion on climate change organised in cooperation with the Latvian Fund for Nature that took place after the screening of the film “Aniara”;
• Interviews with a total of 25 directors who participated in the SHORT RIGA program;
• Green Charter For Film Festivals – a lecture series about sustainable filmmaking and organising environmentally friendly cinema events.
You can access the archive at rigaiff.lv “Previously” section.
RIGA IFF is supported by the State Culture Capital Foundation, the EU Creative Europe – MEDIA program, the National Film Centre of Latvia and the Riga City Council.
Select text and press Ctrl+Enter to send a suggested correction to the editor
Select text and press Report a mistake to send a suggested correction to the editor