Knott’s Berry Farm fans still hungry for a Taste of Merry Farm can get a handful of to-go items from the menu even though the Southern California stay-at-home order put an early end to the seasonal food festival.
Knott’s is selling nearly a dozen take-out food items from the Taste of Merry Farm, Taste of Fall-O-Ween and Taste of Calico for a limited time at the Cable Car Kitchen in the California Marketplace next to the entrance of the Buena Park theme park.
Knott’s and other California theme parks remain closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Many California theme parks partially reopened without rides for dining, shopping and special events.
Knott’s was forced to cancel the remainder of the Taste of Merry Farm event because of the Southern California coronavirus stay-at-home order. The Taste of Merry Farm offered nearly 100 holiday food and drink items at more than 30 booths. Southern California restaurants are restricted to take-out orders only during the regional stay-at-home order.
The festival food and drink items sold at Cable Car Kitchen are packaged to be eaten at home with reheating instructions included.
The Cable Car Kitchen festival menu features:
From Taste of Merry Farm
- Turkey Dinner Big Bites with stuffing, cranberry sauce and gravy
- Pomegranate molasses Brussel sprouts garnished with shaved almonds
- Pulled pork mac and cheese with parmesan and a panko crumb topping
- Beef empanadas served with salsa
- Pork tamale with salsa roja and Spanish rice
- Concha stuffed with ice cream
- Chocolate chip cookie pizza slice with vanilla ice cream
From Taste of Fall-O-Ween
From Taste of Calico
- Samosas with boysenberry chutney
- Gumbo with chicken, shrimp and boysenberry sausage on basmati rice
From Fireman’s BBQ
The canceled Taste of Merry Farm took the concept of the previous Taste of Fall-O-Ween, Taste of Knott’s and Taste of Calico events and added a winter holiday twist with a menu celebrating seasonal flavors.